Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Elijah Karl has arrived!

A little birth story for you first :)
I woke up around 2:45am with the first of some contractions. I wasn't quite sure whether or not they were the real deal so I stayed up a little to straighten my hair and watch television. Around 3:30am I went downstairs and told Dave that I Was having some pains and he decided to go to bed for a bit. I stayed up and sure enough the contractions were pretty regular around 7-8 minutes apart. By the time Dave got up around 7am they were 3-4. I had already called my mom around 5am and she was on her way up from work in New Jersey.

By 8:45 I told Dave it was time to go to the hospital. The contractions were a good 2-3 minutes apart and painful. He woke up Hannah and my mom got there just in time for us to leave.

Arrived at the hospital at 9am. Went to L&D after delivering my "due date" cupcakes I had baked for the ER.

Got checked in and changed and my OB checked me and I Was 8cm's dilated already!! She said we could speed things up by having her break my water and I kindly asked for an epidural first. It felt like forever but the DR of my dreams arrived and placed that wonderful Epidural.

I was in heaven. I was able to feel a bit of the contractions on my right side, but nothing like I was feeling before.

The dr broke my water and they discovered meconium, or stool, in my water. This just meant that the baby would need to be suctioned well upon birth.

At 11:36 after less that 10 pushes Elijah Karl Moskowitz entered the world.
9lbs 10 oz and 21 inches. Full head of black hair, looking just like his sister did when she was born. He was suctioned well and had a complete know in his cord.

I received no tears, no stiches, and felt nothing as he came out which was fabulous!!!!!
And of course here are some pictures!!



Oma checking him out. She was able to attend the birth




Of course more pictures are to come. We will probably leave the hospital on Thursday some time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful and Hanny looks like a proud big sister!