Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The scoop on poop and 2 week appt

Many of you have been interested in the bowel habits of our son. As of yesterday he was on an every 3 days poop schedule. He definately saved it all up in those three days, for me of course :)
Today though he surprised me with another rendition, even though he went yesterday. So all is well in the poop patrol.

Today we had the 2 week appt. Some stats:
Birth 9lbs 10oz
left hospital 8lbs 15 oz
1 week 9lbs even
today 9lbs 4 ozs.

The pediatrician was not impressed with the weight gain and of course asked right away whether I was breastfeeding and how often I was feeding him. I kindly told him that it was every 1 1/2 hours at least. He told me to increase my fluid intake but if I drink any more water I risk water poisoning.

Now for all of you that may remember the same issue arose with Hannah. By 1 month she still had not made it back to her birthweight.

Elijah has been getting formula at night so really he should have gained even more weight. Therefore I made the decision that I would stop breastfeeding however will continue to pump and we will give combination bottles of formula and breastmilk.

We gave a bottle upon returning home and he was a happy camper, and so is mom. I do feel bad, however he will continue to benefit from breastmilk.

No comments: