Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

And so it is, Another year has passed us by, Of course it seems that as you get older and older, the years seem to fly by faster and faster. This past year was an improvement over the year before. I say that because nursing school was over and I was officially a nurse for the whole entire year. I still have a lot to learn in my job, but feel as though each and every day brings a new challenge.

So, what do you resolve to do this year??

I of course want to continue my road to good health. I want to continue running and use this year to run the "1rst annuals" to some of my previous races incluging the Lake Compounce 5K which was my first ever race, and improve my times in each. I also want to start integrating weight training more into my routines or more Yoga in order to become more toned.

Next I resolve to find a way to finish my bachelors without incurring debt for it. My work had an awesome tuition reimbursement that was for $8000 each year. This allowed me to take 6 credits per quarter. This was awesome!! Well as of January 1rst that great thing was slashed and now we only get $2000 for the year. Well that is enough for barely 6 credits for the entire year. So my plans of finishing my bachelors this year and transitioning into an APRN program was placed on the back back burner. But where there is a will there is a way right??

Lastly I resolve for good health and happiness for my family. Job security for David and happiness in anything that he does. We are unsure about the definity of his job but hope that if he does get laid off in the next month or two that it is to open up a great opportunity for something new.

Oh and I would like to win the lottery this year :) You have to add in a resolution like that!!

No comments: