Monday, December 3, 2007

These blog updates may have to become a weekly occurance. However I promise to provide good pictures!! Is that a compromise? Work has been quite busy but I continue to learn something new each and every day.

This week I found out that 2 people that I took care of quite often passed away. The first lady had cancer and I took care of her the day she came into the ER. Then when I went to the ICU for 2 weeks she was there and I was able to continue taking care of her. 2 days after I left the ICU she passed away. Most deaths that I encounter are in the ER with pt's that we usually do not get to build relationships with. It does not make death any easier, but I think it protects us from being worn down each time. I take pride in taking care of each patient the same and making them feel safe and secure while I am taking care of them.


Tomm night at sundown is the first night of Hannukah. We are a little behind on getting all of our decorations up but out menorah is ready! And Hannah of course is ready too!!

No comments: